Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag Mutti!

It's the lovely Momma Stokes' birthday today so I hope all is going well for her and she is feeling loved and pampered. I still need to go get her gift (egad!) and then I think we're doing dinner all together for some good ol' Stokes fun and mayhem.

Unfortunately, this morning for whatever reason, none of my and Scott's alarms went off. (<- you know what, if you were planning on correcting my grammar right there, let me just tell you something. I generally shy away from saying any sort of my, his, his, mine sort of business because it's just stupidly confusing. Every time I want to say something like that, I type it out, evaluate the way it sounds, rewrite it, then scrap the whole thing and change it to something else like, "The alarms belonging to Scott and the alarms belonging to me did not go off. Neither of the sets of the alarms belonging to either one of us went off." and then where are we? A mess. I need a whole tutorial on the subject but don't try looking it up online. Larger headache, guaranteed)
SO we both woke up late, which was a bigger problem for him considering he had work today and I did not. Therefore he was late and did not get any breakfast or lunch because I did not wake up in time to make it for him. Sad day. I haven't heard from him yet so I hope he's not starving...

It puts a damper on my day as well because then all the things that I was planning on doing are suddenly on the chopping block and I have to decide who stays and who gets cut and added to tomorrow's agenda. I'm afraid some of the spring cleaning might get hacked today because present shopping obviously takes precedence. Cookie making obviously can't be moved because we only have like 5 cookies left in the cookie jar, so that's a must. Priorities people.

Speaking of damper on your days. I just have to share one thing with you before I run off to start the list. Yesterday I had the 2 - 3 year olds which were quite the hoot. One sweetie little guy kept showing me throughout the day his awesome new underwear. It could be during lunch, storytime, interjected in a conversation, but he'd pipe up, "Miss Heidi! Can I show you something?" PS kids don't really wait for a response on that one. Or even if they do they already have this minorly glazed over look in their eyes as they are imagining showing you whatever it is so it really doesn't matter if you answer, "Let's wait until later". In this case no matter what my response was, or even if I was smack in the middle of it, the pants came down. Spiderman undies!!

You know, I can understand this. We bribe kids to be potty trained by giving them superhero, my little pony, strawberry shortcake (who is alive and kicking btw!), spongebob underwear, and how can we then ask them to keep such coolness to themselves? Absurd I say.

That really didn't have to do with the "damper" part of the story but I decided to tell you that one instead. The damper story involved a little boy wetting his pants TWICE yesterday and driving me nuts. Somehow though in the end of the day, although I'd had two talks with him about the usefulness of a toilet, and changed his clothes twice, and pulled out some of my hair, he clung to me in the end of the day as I was trying to leave and cried when I tried to un-suction cup his arms from me. Attachment issues? I think so.

Okey dokey. Time to hit the chores.

Have a wonderful Tuesday all!

1 comments:

Andy said...

HAHAHAHA dude i get mad confused with the i, me, ect drama too. man. you never fail to crack me up in the most inappropriate places..
like my lab class -_-.

hurrah! i hope mr.diehl didnt starve either!

Post a Comment