Monday, May 24, 2010

We are 6 months old!

Tis true. As of Friday we are half a year old. Amazing how the time has flown I tell you!

So I had a wonderful evening all planned out for Friday and some fun ideas for Saturday, but sometimes even the most well intended plans don't work out. Or in this case, they get trampled all over, laughed at, and then promptly spit upon.

I wasn't going to work on Friday so that I could get everything together, but the teacher I was subbing for Thur had a really good reason for needing me, so I caved and said yes, I'd cover Friday as well. Still, I reasoned, I would be able to get home about 45 minutes before Scott and maybe I could still pull everything together. I was going to surprise him by meeting him at work as he was leaving, all dressed up and ready for the evening, with a bag packed in the car to stay the night at this awesome Inn I had found in Hillcrest. From work we were going to go to dinner at this Thai place that we went to while we were dating, and then head over to Cinema Under the Stars to watch Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. We would go to the Inn in Hillcrest and then the next day we would go to Balboa Park to the museums after breakfast.

Here's what really happened:
The Inn I had found took a while to get back to me about reservations, and it turned out that they were all booked for the night. They recommended two other places, one of which did not look worth the money, and the other I called and they didn't have the room I wanted available.

Ok fine, we'll just stay at home, that's totally fine.

But I ended up talking to the director at work and not leaving right when I had planned to. Not only this but Scott was close on my heels leaving work. So I got home, had about 20 minutes to clean the place so we wouldn't come back from our evening to a messy house, before he got there.

I told him we needed to be "somewhere" (movie) at 8 so we could get a spot - therefore we needed to leave to eat pretty early. Naturally we somehow ended up taking a nap and sleeping past when we were supposed to leave. Poop, there goes our Thai food plans. But if we hurried we could still drive through a burrito place, and take our food to the movie. So that's what we did.

When we got to Cinema Under the Stars, and had sufficiently scarfed down our carne asada fries, we walked in and found a sign at the front that said "Sold Out". At this point I almost lost it. Are you kidding me?? No Alfred? I understand the Inn not working out, and the Thai food was our own fault, but the tickets just wasn't fair.

Scott tried to cheer me up as we walked back to the car and we drove around in the hills for a while looking at all the city lights until we could think of a new plan. As our Mexican food settled in our stomachs we decided to drive to La Jolla and hit up Forever Fondue.

Definitely redeemed the evening.

This is the burner that they turned on for us after we had ordered.

This is how we both felt after Scott convinced me to play a game of "How long can you keep your finger on the burner" He didn't realize that it had gotten twice as hot as when he had been fiddling with it before. I think we made it to 1.3 seconds before simultaneously saying "OWWwww!" and looking hurt at our fingers and each other. Sometimes we're not the brightest.

But this was the deliciousness that followed said stupid game. YUM.
After we were sufficiently stuffed to the gills, we went home and had a blast watching some of our favorite shows together. Things turned out pretty perfect after all.

Saturday we slept in, made a giant brunch and then made our way to the museum. Dinosaurs!


Super fun...we'll have to go back to hit up some of the other museums another day.



"Whoooa"


He loved this dinosaur. Apparently it's one of his favs. You think you know someone...


I don't know how frightened I really look, but hey, he looks like a happy fellow from this angle.

We decided to go to a Starbucks after our beautiful day in Balboa Park, and we both remembered that Sausage King was just in the neighborhood, so we popped in. Smelled divine in there. But we were a little snubbed since we did not have cash. The woman reminded me that they make all of the sausages there themselves, which I was simultaneously like, "That's Awesome!" and "Uh, that's weird. Maybe I want my sausage made far far away in Germany. Do you really know what you're doing?"...still, it smelled amazing.


All in all, it was a great weekend. I would highly recommend getting married - we are thoroughly enjoying it ourselves.


1 comments:

Andy said...

awww that's precious :)
but im sorry about...ur original plans just...plopping :(( very sad indeeeeeed

Post a Comment