Friday, May 14, 2010

All by my Seeeelf...Don't wanna be...

Well...I'm afraid it's true. Scott is gone 4-wheeling and camping for the weekend. I am alone. So alone.


Ok, well I'm at my parent's right now, but inside I'm alone. And the only cure for this is a time honored tradition in my family. Eating Ho-Hos.


My mother started this tradition years ago whenever my dad would go on a trip. She would buy a box of Ho-Hos and we would all help her binge eat the grief away. I figured I might as well give it a try for my own lack of husband. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm two rolly cakes in and it doesn't feel like he's still here yet...so I should probably have another. With some tea. That would make it much more proper. Psh. Who am I kidding? Nothing can make those little cream filled chocolate rolls proper. They're called "Ho Hos" for crying out loud! Still...tea would soothe the throat.

I'm afraid I am coming down with something. It may or may not have been a direct result of a child sneezing squarely on me two days ago, but you never can tell. That's just a lucky guess. Shot in the dark really. I told him "Thank You" just after the sneeze and wiped myself down vigorously with a paper towel to ensure maximum guilt, but due to the Space Cadet expression he most commonly assumes I'm going to say that the sarcasm and dramatic display had very little to zero impact. Score: Ticking Bomb of Child Germs Sneezer - 1 / Miss Heidi - 0.

In any case, it really only adds to my "woe is me" complex for the next two days so I plan on milking it. For whom? I have no idea. Pity party table of one! For audience of zilch!

Phooey, I think I'll go suck a lozenge and sit in bed with a lame movie. Or watch a show that Scott normally wouldn't want to watch. That's a better plan.

Night all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment