Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pants, Bloomers, Briefs...what's the difference?

I worked at the preschool today and had quite the hoot of a day. Sadly, many of the funny stories I can't even share with you...this class of 3 and 4 year olds would've won the PG 13 version of "Kids Say the Darndest Things" - maybe R rated. All due to mispronunciations, innocent ignorance, speech impediments combined with just the wrong words, or the simple mistake of switching a few vowels ("Miss Heidi, I need a new bandaid for my booby" [suppressed guffaw on my part followed by a choked] "Ouch, that booboo looks like it hurt. Here's a fresh bandaid sweetie") - See? Honest mistake. I'm afraid that is the only one that I am going to share with you all via this forum. I'm sorry but this is a family program.

I also had a little boy accidentally miss his target in the restroom and call my name from the stall. Per past experiences, the thin cry of "Miss Heiiiidiiiiii" from a bathroom stall has taught me to don a pair of gloves and throw any optimism out the window. Fortunately (for the both of us) it was just a little jeans christening crisis. I got his extra pair of superhero undies from his cubby and passed them under the stall door. After a minute or so, he walked out and over to me wearing his shirt, the underwear, both socks, and one shoe. Zero on the pants count.

We then had a long debate about underwear and pants. He pulled what he called his "boxers" aka another pair of tighty whities out of his cubby and argued with me that these worked as shorts. He even put them on over the superhero underwear he was already wearing and claimed this looked normal! My argument was to give him a pair of the preschool's extra pants while I threw his baptized jeans in the dryer. Get this. The reason he didn't want to wear the extra pants was because he didn't want to look silly. Riiight. Cause the doubled up unders with half-calf socks and sneakers is completely status quo.

I won, naturally and all turned out hunky dory, the jeans were sufficiently dried before the rest of the kids had woken up from their naps and even had a hope of seeing him in the horribly embarrassing preschool pants. Miss Heidi saves the day again.

Alright, more later...watching North Face with the mister now. An awesome German film thus far.
tschuss!

1 comments:

Andy said...

HAHAHAHA i shouldnt read ur blogs in class. I was shuckling to myself...almost near making actual noise.

DUDEEE share the rest of the storiessss pleasssee hahaha

Post a Comment