Thursday, May 6, 2010

Coming Soon...74 days to be exact

Katie Cates knows what I'm talking about...our birthday! It's coming and you really have to think ahead for these things!

Now just to clear my name - I do not usually make a big deal about birthdays, but really, that's part of the problem. Most years I think of what I want to do for my birthday or little things that I might want but by the time the actual day rolls around, I have completely forgotten and I end up with some lame request list because I can't think of things like that under pressure (please refer back to me asking Scott if we could get a pony with our tax money). Not this year! Oh no...I am making up for it this year.

I have started carrying around a little notebook in my purse, and since I am such a list person, I have found it invaluable throughout my days when I think of something that I need to jot down.

Unfortunately, my last one was in the purse that was just stolen. mumble mumble grumble. Therefore I need to begin again. Knowing my memory, all things in that notebook are hereby lost forever so I might as well start fresh. As far as my hippocampus is concerned, the little book never was. Fortunately though, the booklet came in a pack of three, call it fate...so I have begun a new one and yesterday I had the inspiration to write down things for a birthday wish list. I also have a list in the back of the book of things to tell Robin when she's in the states. Things I would usually text/call/mock with her about throughout the day but the current lack of International Calling/Texting Plan hampers.

So far for my birthday I have down:

- Hand mixer
- Membership to Rock Climbing gym (Solid Rock or that new one on Miramar Jay told me about)
- TV stand...but the perfect one (Scott and I love the furniture by this guy check this out:

Shoot! I don't even know what I would do with it. But his stuff has so much character...and that's really what we're about here)

- Hot glue gun
- A diffuser attachment for my hair dryer
- Lunch with Ben Folds

That's all I've got so far, I think I accidentally wrote something that was supposed to be on Robin's list on the birthday list because I really don't want, "Jake Gyllenhaal's new movie/disaster. Preview made my soul hurt." So I should really scratch that off.

Ay Yi Yi! Time for bedershneckers (my father's version of German)

xoxo

1 comments:

Mrs. Dr. D said...

Yay birthdays! Also, I really hope you get that lunch with Mr. Folds. Just sayin'. <3, katiecates

Post a Comment