Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Date at the Circus


Well, I don't have much, but I thought I'd share the few photos we did get of our fun date to the circus.


This is Scott, trying not to worry

I'm afraid it was a minor panic attack getting there because there was a GIANT accident on the 5North and it had started to rain pretty heavily so we were worried about more heavy traffic.
Fortunately we got there and parked 8 minutes before the show started, but not before the Lord decided it was time to whip out his reserve Raindrops of Gargantuan Size and pelt Del Mar with them. I despairingly looked at the distant tent from inside the cozy car and down at my heels. So much for dressing up...


I wish we had parked this close...but we were really something more like

this far. With raindrops the size of skull crushing gumballs coming down.

Of course we did not have an umbrella. We'd done a mad search for one before leaving the house but couldn't find anything in time and finally just had to go. So...I grabbed a catalog from the mail we'd picked up

and we sucked it up.

Then we ran, I think some of the time as I ran/waded through small continent-dividing bodies of water we were yelling and running ("AhhhhhHHHHhhh!!") ... at least people moved out of the way then.

We reached the line to get in about 6 minutes before the starting and just as they announced that late comers would have to wait until an appropriate moment before being ushered to their seats.

soaked

Once inside though we had a wonderful time

The music was fantastic, and the acts were just so fun.


This was our favorite one. It was fun to be a part of the audience and hear all the gasps and "Ahhhh!" s after each ridiculously frightening thing that they did.


Great time with the mister, and Chase and Michelle, you guys will love it!

Note to self: Find/Buy/Swipe an umbrella soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment