Thursday, March 18, 2010

death of a speedy friday proposal

Our building's water is being turned off sometime this morning, supposedly between 8 and 11. Therefore, what do Scott and I do? We wait until 7 minutes to 8 to jump out of bed and get our showers in before they might shut it off. We live on the edge. Unfortunately this meant that we cut into our regular Multiple Alarm regimen we have going. So we may be completely thrown off for the rest of today, who knows.

Since I got my shower in so early today, we can consider this Getting Up At A Decent Hour Day 2. Again, all is done by 10. By mid-afternoon yesterday I decided to watch some movies to help the time pass while I did laundry and such. So yesterday was His Girl Friday and Sandra Bullock day

His Girl Friday: good, predictable, but a classic Cary Grant film.

Sandra Bullock...I watched some of The Proposal, not worth it, and then I turned on Speed.


Question: why is Keanu such a bad actor? Is it so hard to have even an inkling of emotion in your acting? At the line "I have to warn you, I've heard relationships based on intense experiences never work." I threw up. I had forgotten just how bad it was and didn't have time to plug my ears or press mute before the nails on the chalkboard began.

Yeow.

Today is Death of a Salesman which is depressing and hurts my head a little, but it's one of those movies that you can't just stop in the middle and not see how it ends, even if the end makes you groan. It's a classic.

So we'll see how it turns out. I kind of feel like punching Dustin Hoffman at this point which is too bad since I usually like him. But maybe it'll get better.

Yea, no, I don't think it will.

1 comments:

Jen said...

BUT THE PROPOSAL HAS RYAN REYNOLDS IN IT. You could always mute the movie (horrible as it was) and watch the pretty. I MEAN BEHOLD:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2854788352/nm0005351

Would you rather watch Keanu emote with the enthusiasm of a paper bag or THAT hotness?

Post a Comment