Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Incorrigible

I don't remember what movie that makes me think of, but it makes me faintly think of some girl in a movie. Ever helpful this memory of mine.

Anyway I'm afraid that I myself am incorrigible. I must tell you, I stole yesterday. No, I didn't steal the day yesterday, I stole stuff yesterday. You can have yesterday for all I care.

I was in Michaels and I have a new project that I'm working on and I just needed a few samples of leaves, I was already buying one thing of flowers and one cluster of leaves, but I wanted a variety to test with...so I did it. I bent down and picked up a handful of loose leaves that fall off the clusters. It must have been 10 cents worth at least. Then I bought my legit merchandise and just left. Walked out! Like I didn't even have a conscience.

I am one dangerous character. But it doesn't end there.

Then...I stole from California.

Yes. I went out and Intentionally plucked these flowers from their natural habitat and then brought them home for my own use! Horrendous really. I'm expecting Ranger Rick to pound down my door at any moment. In which case I may have to eat the flowers to hide the evidence. Don't ask why.

You're wondering where it will all end, I know.

Not just yet unfortunately...the thievery part, yes, the incorrigible-ness, no way.

I've known it for a little while now, but was too ashamed to admit it. Then I would just argue to myself about it, surely you can't be serious! No way! You want to do what?? That's just wrong.

I can't fight it any longer though - I think I want to repaint our house!!! Gah, there I said it. I am my mother's child! I always teased her for painting the house a different shade of whatever every month and now....now just look at me! No don't! I'm too ashamed.

I keep finding myself dreaming of some grays or maybe very muted greens. I need help.

But let's change the subject to anything more cheery, shall we?

I have successfully finished a decorating project or two. My new inspiration board was last night's While We Watch TV project:

I bought a large wood poster frame from Target, and some heavy off white cloth, and began my craft. All it took was a layer of cardboard, some extra cork board sticky stuff I had, and voila! I put it above our desk so we can put up any inspirations we may have. I already have a bunch of pictures, sketches, and ideas to throw on there, but it will have to wait. Other things are in line.

Also, over the weekend, I finished these


Little house slippers from that blue yarn I got in my Blue Phase. Super comfy and nice just to wear around the house.

Lastly, my mini herb and veggie "garden" (aka variety of pots on our porch) have begun sprouting!


Well, I really need to get back to things and stop pretending that the large pile of new projects isn't sitting in the corner clamoring for their turns


Someone really needs to stop me. At least many of my projects are being completed though, that's a plus. Normally I just have remnants of past projects that fell off the face of the earth/my mind and are now stashed in a drawer somewhere.

I just need to forget this painting thing for a while. At least let this color stay for another month.

Maybe.

6 comments:

justin said...

Sound of Music

Sweet Lub said...

Ha.I just looked it up and you're darn right, Kurt and Julie Andrews say it when she's meeting all the kids. I'm glad it's Kurt that's incorrigible, I like Kurt.

Julie said...

I wanted to paint our new apartment a muted grey... but Brad told me that the current shade of green was a perfectly good color and that we have enough to do anyways without painting. Hmphf. That is all. But the green is growing on me. It's good. :)

Sweet Lub said...

You do have a lovely green in there. But the temptation to paint is a bugger, isn't it?

I had a dream about it last night and in the dream I found the perfect shade of gray. It was wonderful. Sure didn't help the situation though :)

Jen said...

I am going to paint my downstairs once the kitchen is done. If you're really itching to spackle and tape and paint, I'll pay for the plane ticket...

Candy said...

Dahlink,
Every once in a while, remind yourself that most stores have surveillance cameras tucked in those roundy balls that protrude from the ceiling......that might deter your urge to pocket floor debris.

Post a Comment