Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Of course I forgot


Well, they shut off our water again this morning. Naturally this time I did not remember and was in perhaps the second of the worst situations I could be in when they did it. First I think would have to be mid shower, that would be the worst. Suds in the hair and everything. Second would be if you were using the facilities.

I was wondering why the darn thing wouldn't fill the tank with water again and had proceeded to take off the back lid before it dawned on me. Phooey. I'm an idiot.

This also meant that I had to use the last trickles of water from the bathroom sink to wash my hands. Blech.

Since I cannot yet take my shower, I might as well fill you in on the rest of our weekend activities.
Scott and I have been buzzing around a bit this last weekend. We both worked Friday and got home exhausted.

[interjection] I almost forgot, Friday was 4 year olds again, fun, but this class was tiring! I guess they are known as a loud class so getting them to calm down took many of the tricks up my sleeves. And loads of patience. The worst was right after nap (nap time is a glorious thing...2 hours of children lying still and quiet, happily dreaming and producing alarming quantities of drool) - after nap we had a snack and I guess something in his lunch just set this little boy's tummy off because as I served their snack I came across his part of the table and it was like Insta-Tears. The fumes were alarming. What he had for lunch, I have no idea. Yowza.

Naturally this set the kids off - "Ewwwwwww, who tooted?!" fingers pointing, accusations flying, denials desperately being thrown out. Then the giggling. Oh how funny tooting is. So funny in fact, we should talk about it for the duration of snack time. At this point, there is very little you can do to stop any of this. Tooting is just too funny to a kid and there's no way to get them to stop giggling about it. I did put a quick stop to the "Let's replicate the sound of various toots while we simultaneously try to eat crackers" bit. Eesh. Conversation kept rolling though, "My dad tooted like a hundred times at my house!", "My brother always toots!", "I tooted ten times in my car!!" each exclamation followed by uncontrollable giggling.

The only truly terrible part of all this was that the boy who had actually begun the entire thing took ownership of his deed and worse -- took pride in it! This was followed by a proud proclamation whence a replication of the act was successful. It wouldn't have been so bad had he not had sulfur and bananas for lunch. Well, trying to toot in class is just not ok, but most especially when it is that pungent.

I got him to stop ... for the moment. But when movie time rolled around, he happened to be sitting right next to the computer where I controlled the video and when I ventured to adjust the volume, I was met with a wall of rotting eggs and indian food. He was cracking up but I had to put an end to this. Clearly there was an explosion in his intestines and I couldn't have it airing out in the room any longer, so I took a breath of clean air, squatted down to his eye level and told him that if he needed to pass gas again he needed to go use the bathroom. He told me, "You don't know when it's coming though". Ok, maybe true. I counteracted with, "But lots of times you do know, and I think that you are trying to do it to get the kids to laugh (and pass out), so next time I need you to go use the bathroom".

It happened once more and I just looked at him and pointed to the restrooms. He piped up, "I didn't know!" ...Riiiiighht.... But I made him go anyway, my reasoning being that his body was trying to tell him something and he needed to listen to it. Before he exploded.

Lucky for me, his mom came and picked him up just after this. I felt like warning her to drive with the windows down or she would have one horrible commute, but I was too relieved to see him go to think much about other people's air.

Other than this incident, the day was relatively uneventful - meaning that there was nothing that really stood out, NOT meaning that it was not full of events and me constantly doing something, controlling something, calming someone, cleaning messes, and the such. The preschool was trying out a new plan of only having the kids go out for outside playtime once a day instead of three times. I must say, I don't know that I support this and had considered a few times sneaking all nine of my children out just to run laps. A classroom is just not big enough for that kind of energy.

The rest of the weekend was full of going away parties, Temecula, wedding planning, lots of driving, and home decorating. I decided on Sunday that it is high time I started decorating our place and spent the day yesterday hunting down specific items needed. I have a few projects to work on today but I'll show and tell later.

I still have to wait 2 more hours before I can shower. Guess it's as good a time as any to vacuum.

Hope your Tuesday is going well and you are lookin better than me at this hour :]

3 comments:

justin said...

So it is totally difficult to read such a funny post on "tooting" while sitting in a Theology course discussing such seriousness as death, sin, and punishment. I'm sure my smirk came across oddly to everyone, including the professor, causing them to ponder is Justin a sadist?

Sweet Lub said...

Hahaha! Amazing timing you have my friend :]

What can I say? Tooting is just funny.

Andy said...

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

i love this.

Post a Comment