Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Bushed" - Adjective...Definition: exhausted

I'm afraid that I've kept meaning to write on here but the weekend ended up being ridiculously busy which was only followed by what has become an insane week.

Ahhh, where to start?

Well, Thursday night I had to make some signs for an Open Mic night that Coast was hosting. I know, I know, I could have slapped some construction paper on a piece of cardboard and called it a day - but where's the fun in that??

So I whipped out all that painting gear I keep stashed under the bed, threw down a solid $3 for poster board, and went to work.

I complained a lot. Just not going to lie on that part. Complained to Scott about...myself. Why I do these things to myself, how much my knees were going to reach up and strangle me if I spent just one more hour on the floor bent over the work...yaddah yaddah. What a big mouth I have.

However, I was quite happy with the end results:

One for the street

Think Rey Giese will hire me?

And the other for inside. I hope the night went well even though I couldn't be there.

Friday night was brother Tim's birthday -- 19!! Scott and I got him a top hat as it was easily one of the most interesting things on his list of gift requests.

How fun is that? I wish everyone requested such amazing gifts. They are such fun to hunt down and to give. Happy birthday little brother!

Saturday, the mister and I headed up to Temec for a weekend away, and more importantly, for Julie's bridal shower. Such a good time!

I won't put many pictures up (I took 300 +) because I don't want to do so without people's permission (I'd rather not have one of those "Julie and Julia" moments where someone has to ask me to not put something in my blog...so let's keep things on the safer side, eh? Although I may have to include just a feeeew of my favs. Please forgive me!)

The Taylor residence was Gorgeous and perfect for the occasion

(This one is for Kirs and Ruthie ~ it's where the big butts are kept :)


You must check out this beauty. The perfect cake. Ah, delicious and gorgeous. Wish you could have had a taste!

She's a cutie pahtootie bride to be


I thoroughly enjoyed my piece to the last bite. Mmm Mmm good. It was a fantastic party with lots of fun ladies and good laughs. Not to mention all the yummy food. Only a few more days until the real deal and then what a party we'll have!

This was one of my favorites...I think it's just lovely :)

Little Jack was just so excited and enthralled by this clock, it was humorous just to watch and giggle at his attempts to stare as long as possible.

Last but not least from the weekend, Scott and I are in the market for a coffee table, but we want something not too standard and perhaps with some storage options. We can use all we can get. We found this beauty in an antique store and it's a possible consideration

Hmmm...any thoughts?

Well, the real reason that I am so whooped actually doesn't have a great deal to do with the busy weekend at all, at least not much. I was called in to sub this week for a teacher at the preschool and as it turns out I may be subbing for about 3 weeks. 7:30-4:30 every day is an awfully sudden change from "Here's a butt load of free time every day Heidi!" All projects are on hold for now since Scott and I are on day two and just wiped out. Looks like we'll be catching up on everything this weekend.

One of the more fun parts of working more is that with the paycheck I just got, I'm going to paint!! Woohoo!!! Gray here we come. Too bad I hate the actual paint-ing part of painting. I just like the end results :) Paint-ing is tiring people! I don't know why people choose to do it as a living. Rey, I'll be your apprentice any day, but painting the walls...no thank you.

Oh well, I can't seem to Bippity Boppity Boop it so Home Depot, here I come.

Alright, if I want even a prayer of being able to rise from the dead tomorrow morning, I have about 3 minutes to brush my teeth and climb into bed.

Hope you all are doing well out there in cyber space. Sleep well.

1 comments:

jenchiu said...

I just just wanted to quickly affirm you on your choice of gray. It's also my fav color of the moment. I made Jaron and Bryant paint my room gray + white (used to be this nasty warm gold) and it looks AMAZING against all things white (like my fluffy white bed), black (like furniture), and wooden (furniture again). Yep that is all. And I will see you in a few hours whatwhat!

P.S. LOVE the top hat.

Post a Comment