Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Life before 9

I Believe in Miracles

Cue music for this post.

This song was playing in my head this morning as I was getting ready for the day. Not because of the "you sexy thing" part (maybe after my shower and tooth brushing), more so the "I believe in miracles" part.

I was resolved to get up this morning and not just stay vertical long enough to see Scott out the door, breakfasted and with lunch in hand, before succumbing to the sexy voice of my pillow - but really and truly up and awake. If I crawl back into bed, that is it. Game over friends, I knock out and there's no telling when my fabulous bed hair will make it's next appearance. And the more I try to wake myself up, the more I think, But Why? I'm not working today, I'm certain all the chores will still be there when I do decide to rise from the dead, and everyone else is busy until late afternoon, so why should I bother?


However, although sleeping in always feels delicious to some degree, I really prefer getting up early most days of the week with only occasional sleep in mornings. Otherwise sleeping in becomes gross. Much better for it to be an occasional and coveted treat. Trust me, the more you do it on a regular basis, the more you feel like life is slipping away from you, you start questioning all of your basic theology from under the covers, and worst of all, your morning breath lasts longer.

Not this morning though! I rolled out of bed when Scott's 3rd or 4th alarm went off, hopped in and out of the shower, threw on some sweats and made coffee. The first thing I did when Scott left was make that darn bed so my chances of winning this battle increased about 10 fold.

I am now make up-ed, hair done-ed, breakfasted, (more importantly) coffee-d, and although I look like a giant gray workout monster - I am clothed in a fashion. Kitchen, bathroom and bedroom are all cleaned and all this accomplished by 9!! A modern day miracle my friends!

Ahh.

...

So....what should we do now? Nap anyone?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Every morning I am amazed. Somehow in the time it takes me to brush my teeth, you have a whole breakfast ready...along with my tasty lunch.

Yes, I need 3 to 4 alarms most of the time. I've noticed that Heidi and I have a very distinct morning pattern...

7:30 - Alarm #1 goes off - I turn off alarm, spin over, and hug Heidi...fall asleep.

7:35 - Alarm #2 goes off - I spin back over, turn off alarm, fall asleep...Heidi comes and hugs me. We both fall asleep.

8:00 - Alarm #3 "last call" goes off - I jump up! "Ahh! I'm late!"...look at Heidi (all cozy), almost crawl back in...resist! Go take a shower.

Yup, pretty much every day.

Julie said...

Haha!! I can TOTALLY see this happening. Us Diehls. :)

justin said...

I'm sad that you're first alarm is at 7:30am. My first alarm is an hour earlier. :(

Post a Comment