Sunday, February 21, 2010

Miss Heidi

This is my new, official working name. I start substitute teaching at the preschool tomorrow! Wowee.


As of now, I am only on the calendar for a few days here and there, and they will put me on call for anything in between, but I think that is a fun way to start. I went in on Friday and met the teacher I'll be sub-ing for and some of the children that will be in "my class". Fun fun fun! They gave me hugs as "hellos". I love the job already. Must let you know any and all goofy stories tomorrow.

I have so much to tell you all from the past weekend - the sister in laws and I went to the museums in downtown on Thursday which was great great fun (February is Museum Month in San Diego). I have some most excellent photos from the day that will have to wait until tomorrow to be properly shared.

Also, today I actually cut the mister's hair. Really this time. And...drum roll please...he looks good! All those years of ruining my Barbies did the trick. I can now cut men's hair.

Before I go (something from dinner made my stomach think the end of the world is knocking on our door, thenceforth I am snuggling on the couch with the laptop and a bottle of tums)...here are some great camera photos from my recent outing to Ross.

Ross is a wonderful land. There are few other places where you can simultaneously find a great pair of shoes and, if up to the challenge, hunt down a fabulous purse for $10, while running across some of these items of beauty:


Running/ballet/marching band/tap shoes?? With sequins? Yikes.

Or a sparkly-eyed porcelain owl paperweight with a mini crown.

OR, my personal favorite of the day, a "What would Jesus do?" creamer. Complete the set with a Psalms sugar cup.

Now this was an almost buy for me. Had it been a different pattern, I would have put back all of the other items that I had really come for, come up with a fabulous line of reasoning, and spent the money instead upon this item.


I never noticed before how much I desire a wonderful hard-case, older-styled suitcase.
I would feel so Fab packing in this for an overnight stay basically anywhere. You can't tell me that one of these would not instantly improve any trip.


It's the little things in life. Like a good trip to Ross alone, left to wander the aisles and find fantastic treasures, fun outings with new sisters, successfully cutting the misters' locks and make him a respectable man once more. All in all - a good weekend.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well. Now cross your fingers for me for tomorrow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

my recommendation worked! I expect a tithe of your salary to my account. lol j/k. don't do it. God might zap me.

Post a Comment