Saturday, April 24, 2010

We'll call it "Appreciation of Earth Day"

So I completely blame Aunt Jenn for this nonsense, but I am unabashedly hooked on fabric flowers now. Don't get me wrong, I know they are getting to be all the rage now (in your hair, on your shirt, on a necklace, in your soup, etc) but I am hooked on making them. I have one mum and one rose bud sitting by my sewing things and I am afraid I overheard them talking about breeding much akin to the fashion of rabbits.

In an attempt to find a good How To for said guilty aunt, I stumbled across a few beautiful pictures myself and couldn't resist the urge to attempt one or five. All in the name sake of "helping" of course. Pffff.

Just look at these fun guys:























I love the flowers on the pillow so I think there might be something like that happening...OR I really like the idea of the paper flowers on the wall there...the question is, how to keep our house from becoming too girly. Let's not dip into that please.

You will be proud to hear that we accomplished all that we set out to do yesterday sin the patio table and tiger/lion. My wedding band is being resized and will be ready on Monday (woot!), we found a LOVELY gray paint and painted one wall (trim included) last night. I got all Momma Stokes on that wall and didn't even put down tape. Believe it! I did all kinds of acrobatic/yoga moves to inch my way behind the TV that is too mammoth for me to move for a simple thing like painting the wall behind it. The results are woooonderful and we are so pleased with the color.

I think when we first moved in, we really just needed to get some paint over those lousy existing colors so the blue acted like a pleasant bandaid until the right color came along. At last...the only thing now is to paint the rest of it. Ha.

Today we are making the trek up to La Habra to hang out with the Bakers for the weekend. Long overdue but we're hoping to have a Modern Family sleepover. What could be better?

Speaking of trekking, we really should get going...hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. I am loving ours so far!

xoxo

3 comments:

Squiddo said...

I need a flower for my shirt. WIll you make me one pretty please? Jen would say no or else I'd ask her myself.

Charlotte Sanchez said...

amazing!!! I wanted to figure out how to make some of these to put on the bridesmaids dresses. How long does it take for each flower?

Sweet Lub said...

Not long at all. I would say maybe around an hour. I can do some more experimenting/"research" for you if you'd like :)

Post a Comment