Friday, April 23, 2010

Pickin a Pick Pic

Today the Mister and I have the day OFF! He had it off since he had worked two extra days over Easter weekend and I just told the preschool that I couldn't work for them today. We slept in to the glorious hour of 9:25, made a fabulous pancake and scrambled egg breakfast, read Jenn's blog post about her Neti Pot experience, laughed hard, and then made plans for our day.

So far our packed schedule looks like taking my wedding band in to be resized, then painting at least one wall of the apartment...just to be able to say we finally did it. Maybe watching a movie at some point, and then making a fabulous dinner. I would also love to go a huntin for a nice little patio table considering my "garden" of pots, jars, and cracked bowls is beginning to take over the existing 5'x5' square we so fondly refer to as "the patio". Could use something to break up the mini union forming out there.

Since tax money came back I think we might giddily plan what to do with that as well. I suggested a pony, but it didn't fly so well with Scott. In truth I don't even want a pony, I wasn't really an "I heart horse-ys" kind of little girl -- ever, so I really shouldn't have even wasted my one voiced wish on that and spoiled my chances. Excitement overcame me, what can I say? If I really had a choice, I would want a tiger. Always wanted one, who knows why. Watch this amazingly cheesy video that I once saw on Ellen and it somehow embodies all the goodness of why everyone should have a pet lion or tiger. This was basically my dream as a little girl.

Speaking of Aerosmith, which we were in case you didn't just click on that link, as I was putting the kids down for nap time yesterday I noticed that the lullaby music that was playing was THIS - how amazing is that? So I just went to Grooveshark and looked up Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions, and you get about 100 songs from The Cure, Coldplay, U2, The Ramones, Pink Floyd, Bjork, and many others. These are some of the lullabys that our kids are going to listen to :) I am currently listening to Desperado by the Eagles. So funny. And yet so soothing.

As you can tell from this post, I am a little scattered today...so many possibilities with a 3 day weekend! What to do first? Well, maybe get off the computer would be a good start...hrm

In that case, there's just one last thing that I wanted to share with you - Erin and her husband Chris so kindly offered to print out one of Chris' AMAZING photos from a project he did taking 100 pictures of picks in 100 days. Scott showed the pictures to me a while back and we were thoroughly awed. I think these might be our top three choices, but what thinks you??





Clearly (as is not so well hidden by our picture arranging here) we are favoring the top picture right now. Gotta love the details of the wooden neck in that shot. Such a fun idea and so many good photos to choose from. If I end up finally caving and dedicating a corner of our little place to all things Scott Instrumental Related, then I might just have to put the chosen pick pic there :]

Ok folks, the sun is shining, the kitchen is tidy, and all laundry is clean and folded. You know what that means....time for a Jackie Chan movie!!

Peace out homies (quote from little Sage - aka one of our favorite little girls ever)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, look at how amazingly straight those images are...so nicely centered. Someone must really know how to program that sort of thing.

Jen said...

I actually love all three...the colors are amazing. I agree that the top one has a certain something about it, though. You could totally build a room based on just those colors and that look.

Post a Comment