Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One Misty Moisty Morning

Well, sadly Monday I did not end up getting to slip into my bath. For more than one reason actually but mainly (and to appear more normal) I will blame it on the fact that I was called in to substitute teach shortly after I finished posting my bath time plans on here. The less normal sounding reason is actually because the idea of a bath is always pleasant in my head, but when it really comes down to it, my paranoid half wins and I end up not taking one.

First there's the hassle of cleaning the tub. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just can't take a bath in my tub if I haven't just cleaned it. Two days ago is just not good enough. Then there's always the lovely initial, "Ahhhh...this is delightful!" feeling that lasts 7 minutes and is followed by, "Well this stinks, I either have to choose having my shoulders in the water and warm, or my knees. Alternating sure is poopish because then one is wet and cold while the other reheats."

Inevitably I resort to a nice warm shower. But the thought of a bubble bath is always pleasant in my mind.

Yesterday I spent the majority of the day over in the shopping center that contains the nearest DMV. I could've sworn I was just there not too long ago, but there I was again! I stood in line patiently so that I could get a paper that would put me in a new line and took a seat next to this kind old chinese woman. Turns out she had also had her license stolen (she thinks...it may also just have fallen between the seats in her car, but this is irrelevant) and her number was the one right after mine. I was G180 and she was G181. Yes, burned into my memory now considering the fact that when she and I sat down the screened showed us at G136. Oi.

She and I chatted as best we could and made (what was in our eyes) funny remarks about people that were taking too long. We did a little "Hoorah!!" when the countdown brought us to 30 more people and made jokes about regretting not bringing a tent and snacks. In short we bonded.

However, we do not have to recount that entire experience, it's still a little too fresh. The good news is though that I am getting my new license...again!

As you can see, it is Wednesday and my fabulous plans to paint have still gone no where due to the scheduling that has occurred. Today was to be my day, but just as Scott and I were rolling out of bed this morning, I got a call from the preschool and I am going in today again from 9-3...SO - painting will have to wait until tomorrow.

On this note, I must go shower so I can grab a bite to eat (eat to bite?) before I run out the door.

Much love to you all....

0 comments:

Post a Comment