Saturday, April 10, 2010

Death and Taxes

WE DID IT!! Our first joint taxes - done, finished, vollendet! (Let's see if I am even using that word correctly. Some of the German is getting a little rusty...need to be more diligent in that area of the brains)

Turbo-Tax, please accept our deepest thanks and displays of affection. If you were our neighbor we would bring you cookies Turbo. If you were in need of a home, I would build you a linkin log cabin. If you are ever sick Turb, you know who to call...In short, we love you.

That being said, I spent a good deal of the day out in the mad mad world of Shopping On A Sunny Saturday. Yes, I hit up the mall. It had to be done. Sister-in-law's wedding is literally just around the corner (WOOHOO!!) and last minute preps had to be made. I believe I am now just about ready, and we all know that's the most important part of their wedding day. Psh.

Speaking of the almost here date, I have some horrible news - I played a game called "Bad News/Good News" with the kids last week. I made a reversible smiley face and tacked it onto a stick so that when I spun it around it either looked happy or sad. Then I told the kids some "Bad News" and they had to help me think of a way that we could find some Good News in the posed situation. i.e. Bad News would be "I'm hungry", Good News is God provides food for us. So friends....Bad News, kids have germs. Worse News, at some point last week, while some 8 teachers and who knows how many kids were out of school growing, cultivating, and simultaneously trying to destroy said germs, one escaped from their host, gave a running start and launched it's little nastiness my way.



I'll give it props for somehow surviving with my "Uhm, I'm in this classroom all day and I haven't washed my hands in like ... 8 minutes?! Don't panic, don't panic, must...reach...soap" attitude. Ok, maybe I'm not that bad, but let's just call me "aware". I noticed the tickle in the back of my throat this morning and promptly downed some airborne with my breakfast. Every part of me is screaming, "IT'S COMING! YOU CAN'T STOP IT!" but my brain is stubbornly plugging it's ears and whistling Row Row Row Your Boat to drown it out. Maybe if I just chug that bottle of OJ in the fridge, things'll turn out okey dokey. Ha.

So now it's time to come up with a plan of action. Give up now and let it just run it's course? Then hope it doesn't hit right at the wedding?? Or utilize the mini personal pharmacy I own and stave off death as long as possible? Now, I did not exactly receive the highest marks when I took Statistics (either time), but I'm pretty sure my odds of actually getting this thing to not do what it's made to do and just wave the white flag are...not good.

So then, what's the Good News? 1. I have a good reason to tell people, "Sorry, we're just going to hang out together at home this weekend." 2. I now have an awesome husband that takes really good care of me. Mushy, yet so true.

Enjoy your weekend everyone! Much TV catching up on, tea drinking, and laundry folding in our near future :]

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love turbo tax too. heh. They gave it to me for free because i called customer support. Saved me 50 bucks!

Post a Comment