Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A rather cheerful Monday

I have some wonderful news! Well, more wonderful for the Mister and I, but I hope you will appreciate it as well. Yesterday Mr D and I drove up to a certain Good Samaritan's home and retrieved THIS:



This very kind man and his wife had found my stolen purse! He called around with the information he could find in the wallet until he got a hold of me and we arranged a pick up. He and his wife were very kind and should expect a lifetime supply of homemade cookies in the mail soon. I got all of my bank cards, two valuable gift cards, all my ID's, and my library card back. Amazing.

That wallet is going in the trash though. After sitting by the side of the road for a month, I don't care enough to try to get that smell out. I am happy enough without it. We'll say a prayer, dig a little hole, and be done with it.

I also finished yet another baby project that I had in the wings. Great fun and so easy which makes for a very satisfying project.


It is a hooded baby towel. It only took maybe 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours to make. The majority of the time was dedicated to making the Terry Cloth behave and stop stretching past my measurements. The nerve of that pooper.


I still have a tiny bit more to do to it, but it is most of the way there. I can't help it that baby/kid stuff is just so fun to make. I got the idea and instructions from The Purl Bee which has become one of my favorite design/crafting blogs. In case you were curious.

xoxo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was very curious :)

Mrs. Dr. D said...

Don't you just love it when people restore your faith in humanity?

Julie said...

I am SO glad you got that back!! Gosh, how long ago was that??

Post a Comment