Friday, June 4, 2010

Why my living room is a mess

It's been nearly a week since the last real post, and as you can see by the appearance of my page, I am in a We Need Some Change sort of mood these days. Truly when the mood hits me to begin a new project the most successful response is to jump on that train immediately and hold on for dear life for as long as possible. Because this train takes pit stops that, if one is not careful, can easily become the new destination. Set up camp and get out the crock pot! We'll be here a while. Maybe my passion to finish runs out? Creative vision gets blurry? Or some new shinier idea comes along and the last idea gets shoved in a drawer.

In any case, I'm thankful I haven't been called in to work too much this week so that I can keep the momentum going for as long as I can.

At some point on Saturday I had the inspiration to paint something for the space above our couch. We keep meaning to get some prints and frame them for that area, but that is just taking too long so I'm taking matters into my own hands (because somehow that couldn't be done with the pictures? Don't ask me...). I started painting yesterday and still have a lot of work to do, mostly staring, but painting as well. I spent the greater portion of my painting day yesterday staring at the canvases and trying to picture a color that I wanted to try. Hours I tell you.


 
I found a grungy hand drawing of a bike that I liked and worked miracles on Photoshop to get it to print the right size. I won't tell you how I did it because I think it hurts Scott's soul to hear how Photoshop Ghetto I am. However, means to an end people!


Here's my "Work Space" aka our giant coffee table. It's times like these when I truly bond with Mammoth. He was meant to live in our house after all.

We also have a few new members in the house as of this week. This beauty:


is courtesy of Brian Kingston - Scott's new custom made Cajon. He's in love...and it really does suit him very well. I also made some new pillow cases for our couch over the weekend and I am quite happy with them. I just need to put some buttons on the back and then decide if I want to keep them plain or add some small embroidery on the bottom. We'll see.


I am very happy with how they came out thus far. I might pop a few more out, but we'll just have to wait and see how long this drive to keep projecting goes.

Lastly, you'll have to wait and see where these are going, but I've started working on these flowers inspired by something that caught my eye on decor8 a while back.



Cross your fingers that things can keep coming together , the more we get this place put together the more at home we feel :]

Weekend is tomorrow friends! Go out and enjoy yourselves if you are able. Scott and I have a date at the Getty that I'm pretty jazzed about. Being the museum addicts that we are.


Cheers to a sunny funny weekend!


1 comments:

Julie said...

I love the artwork Heidi!! SO great! The bike is perfect and that green will look awesome on your new grey walls... :)

Love you!

Post a Comment