Monday, June 7, 2010

Sepulveda - da da dadadum

The Mister and I had a blast going up to LA yesterday for some good ol' Getty and Jenron time. We probably would have seen more of the art had we been less engrossed in conversation and laughing at the art that we did see. So disrespectful I say.



You have to love the garden/lawn area. Wonderful.

I would have taken more pictures, but each room that I asked in, I was shot down by the security guard. You mean you just want me to LOOK at the art? No pictures? Good grief.

Afterward Jen and Jaron gave us a quickie tour of some cool LA spots. We got delicious coffee (note to self: get the mocha next time...or just fail to return Husband's mocha) and found a new truck for Scott to ogle over


I also decided we should try to make fools out of ourselves and imitate the face I saw in the wooden figure behind us:


Why not? Right?
All in all, a fantastic day, well spent with good friends. We miss you like crazy down here you two.



Well, I told Mister D that I would finish two THREE of my projects today so I need to stop avoiding them and just take the plunge. Painting and I enjoy each others' company for about an hour and then I start pestering him about why he's not done yet and then it's only a matter of time before the brushes and paint bowls turn against me. Ugly mutiny, not to be witnessed by the Weak Of Stomach.

Before I go however, I would just like to share this GEM I found on youtube. Mister D and I were trying to explain to Jenron why the fascinating street name reminded us of a classic Sesame Street song. When I searched the song I was looking for just now, it came up from the German Sesame Street! Can you even believe it. Amazing.

Enjoy dear friends...

2 comments:

Mrs. Dr. D said...

Looks like fun! My younger brother met Jaron a little while ago in Hollywood, where they play in the same praise band. Small world :)

Unknown said...

Jaron told me about that while we were perusing the Getty gardens! So crazy. Jaron said he was quite impressed with your bro John's (Jon's?) drumming skillz.

Post a Comment