Monday, July 12, 2010

The year of the Weddings

Well, it's official, I am fully back into the swing of wedding planning! It took me almost 8 months to gather the energy again, but I'm here. The Cholly wedding is less than 8 weeks away and we've got lots to do so pass me another coffee and let's get crackin!

I've begun scouring all my old wedding blog haunts in search of ideas to present Bride to Be for some directional usage. While doing so I have noticed two distinct feelings arising: 1. Ohhh, if I did my wedding again, I'd use that too! and 2. Praise the sweet baby Jesus that I am done with my wedding!

Some people are getting so darn creative it's fun to see...but along with that, some seem to just be falling off the Weird Cliff and are too bent on being "different" to really care that it's...weird.

I've also found that people are really getting into this whole Vintage-y feeling. It's so modern. However, very similar to the 'Creative or -- oops! That's Weird' concept, I feel like I'm seeing either some really neat vintage ideas or hints at vintage feelings OR someone just tipping over the I LOVE VINTAGE boat and it all becomes a little, well, ridiculous to me. Listen, I appreciate your shout out to the past, and I like some nifty bifty vintage things too (old books and radios are the best!) but we really do know that you are having your wedding today, so doing the full garb and the photo shoot...a leetle over the top to me.

Here are some examples I have stumbled across in my mind numbing searches:

Fun and creative, a personal crossword puzzle at each place setting. I like it!

Now we have an Oops, that's weird looking.

Super creative camping engagement shoot.

Oh my goodness you're trying too hard.

Amazing handmade bouquet!

Vs Bizarre Thumbalina wedding.

If I'da had the time...I would have loved to do something like this. What am I thinking?? 150 people? Well, I was nuts anyway.

Who do you think you are?

This last photo does not fall into either of the categories, I just thought

Holy Smokes that girl is tall!!

Ok, I am beginning to fail at the whole Being Productive thing. I may have spent all my productivity yesterday cleaning out two closets and a linen cabinet. However, I feel blissfully organized now and a little less OCD.

Hope your Monday is a good one.
XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment