Friday, July 16, 2010

My Poor Tushie

I blame JTing 109% for introducing me to this fantastic new community that I couldn't resist. You would not even believe how great this is...Pinterest.com - you have a page with multiple "Pinboards" or pictures that you've pinned. For example, one of my pinboards is Things That Inspire, and I've attached some photos from blogs I follow that inspire me in one way or another. Then other people with accounts can view your pictures and you can click on anyone elses' pinboards to see fabulous things that inspire them.

For instance, here is something in my "Can I Please Snatch This Up?" category:

 


And this is something in my "Hilarity" category:


A poster by Alex Cornell made for a Wes Anderson film festival. That didn't exist.

Horrible. Horribly Wonderful I should say. Now look at me! I'm bobbin my head to some Stevie Wonder and Pinnnnnnin stuff like there's no tomorrow. Someone stop me!! Oh but it's just so much fun and so terribly easy. You drag a "Pin It" button onto your tool bar and BAM. Anytime you're on a site and you see something you like, you click that button, select the image you like and throw it in a category. Gah. Ruining my life and yet making my day all at the same time. Phooey.

I also just got "hired" as a freelance writer for an online company. I'm supposed to pick topics relating to preschoolers and write short blurbs addressing people's questions or points of interest and submit them to the website. This is both terrific for the days that I am not actually at the preschool, and simultaneously it's doing nothing for my Get Away From The Computer program. I'm afraid I will start slouching even more, lose any definition the tush had and develop a horrendous case of Bus Drivers Butt. Not to mention start eating Cheetos all day and drinking Red Bulls.

Maybe I can start blasting music in the middle of the day and have a short Jazz-er-cise dance party by my lonesome.

Happy nearly weekend all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment