Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oh babies

Today I spent my entire hour lunch break hanging out in the new infant room at work. Two little baby boys, both under 6 months I believe. Oh the chubby thighs, the toothless goofy grins, the cooing as they told me about their days...too much I say.

After I left that peaceful room I thought, If I just wasted an hour of my time completely entertained by these two babies I don't even know, then I am doomed when Evan comes along. He just gave me a little punch to confirm that.

The first time I (and we) felt him really move was three nights ago. We were laying in bed, ready to turn the lights out when I felt a little Hiyah! I heard it described best as the way you feel when your eyelid twitches and you can't control it. It is simultaneously the coolest and the weirdest thing I have ever felt. It honestly freaks me out a little bit if I think too much about the fact that it's a live baby making those movements. It's probably best to not have a panic attack about my unborn baby moving inside of me. But I just start thinking about Wrath of Khan, or the scene of The Matrix where they extract that bug from his stomach. Bleaaahhh...I just gave myself the willies.

In any case, I am still feeling great, a little preoccupied with work stuff, but ok. Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we are actually going to have a real baby in 5 months. Just insane.
Guess I should get all my sleep in now :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment